Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Reactions to the WTCC races in Anderstorp


The World Touring Car Championship race weekend at Anderstorp was ultimately a difficult one for the BMW nation teams. At the end of the day, Augusto Farfus was the only BMW driver to score a World championship point. Reactions to the 13th and 14th rounds, held in Sweden...

Augusto Farfus (BMW Team Germany): "No one in the team expected we would manage to take a point away from Anderstorp after the problems we had. In race two we took the risk of running on dry tyres. This turned out to be successful. The team did a great job and proved their fighting spirit. Now I’m looking forward to my first home event with BMW Team Germany in Oschersleben. Conditions are likely to play into our hands a bit better than was the case here in Sweden."

Jörg Müller (BMW Team Germany): "This was a pure tyre lottery. Different to race one I contested the second round on slicks. In addition, we took the risk of setting my car up completely for dry conditions. That’s why I lost some ground in the beginning. But I succeeded in coming back over the course of the race. If the race had been one lap longer, it could have worked out for me to score a point."

Andy Priaulx (BMW Team UK): "The second shower after the first race unfortunately came a little late. Otherwise I could have achieved a better result. We made the right decision by using wets, however, the weather just wasn’t on our side today. Race two kicked off well for me, but ended with a disappointment. Yvan Muller was slower than me, but I couldn’t overtake him for quite a while. When I launched an attack, we had a small coming together. I lost the momentum and some other cars passed me. From this moment points were out of reach."

Fredrik Ekblom (BMW Team UK): “It was a pleasure to race for BMW again. The car was great and BMW Team UK supported me in a perfect way. I had a good qualifying, but in the races there was nothing more I could do under these conditions. My next appearance as Andy Priaulx’s team-mate will be in Monza. Hopefully I will have a chance to fight for points there."

No comments: